Sunday, September 25, 2011

Verbs, Verbs, and more Verbs!

This week I will be introducing action verbs. My students finally understand nouns thanks to Mrs. Lemon's http://stepintosecondgrade.blogspot.com/ noun activities she shared on her blog. The first activity I am going to use is very interactive. The students will be playing charades! I will have one student at a time pull out a card and act it out for their classmates. They will have to guess what action verb they are acting out.
During guided reading my students will be playing a categorizing game I created with the same concept as Mrs. Lemon's noun game, but with nouns and verbs. The students will have to know the difference between a noun and a verb.
I also created a sheet that my students will be documenting the number of action verbs they use in a day. I am still not sure how to share documents, so I just took a picture of it. (if anyone knows how please let me know!)This will help my student realize we use verbs all the time!
Target: I had to share something VERY exciting, Target has their fall items in the dollar section! I looove picking up items for my classroom! Here is what I got so far!
I have a very busy week: Monday: master class, Tuesday: Family Fun Night at school, The Rest of the Week: Online Class Homework! and of course teaching my kiddos! I am hopefully going to find time to enjoy the nice weather! I hope everyone has a super start to their week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment