Thursday, November 17, 2011

Word Family Freebies

It's almost Friday!!! "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming!" We are almost there! I am sad because I will not see my kids at all next week. I am apart of MTSS training at my District Board Office on Monday and Tuesday, then we are off for the holiday break.

Our school has what we call "Pioneer Time." This is when we group our kids into small groups for reading and math. I know everyone school and district calls it something different! My group is focused on some of the more advanced phonics sounds. We are currently working on digraphs. We always practice sounding out words, but I was frustrated because I was having to come up with the words on the spur of the moment. I therefore decided I was going to make word family cards for the specific sounds we were working on. I print them out then glue them on COLORFUL card stock and laminate. I also have them on a ring so they are handy. I totally had to share with all of my blog friends! I will continue to share as I add more, but here is what I have so far:

nk and ng word families

th, sh, ch, and wh word families

I hope everyone has a GREAT Friday! I am super excited to be going to dinner to celebrate my wonderful mother's birthday tomorrow and of course we will be Christmas shopping all weekend together too! I can't wait for our first snow! Totally ready to wear my boots, scarves, and hats!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment