Sunday, April 1, 2012

Measurement, Word Work, and Fashion Fridays!?!?!

First of all I am sorry I am just now posting my Fashion Friday, lets just say Friday didn't go quite as planned. You see I am not the type of person who likes to talk about what my principal calls "hard topics." I would rather just keep it all inside and forget about it, but on Friday that didn't happen. I had a "hard talk" with one of my colleagues and lets just say it didn't turn out how I hoped. I felt like she didn't understand what I was trying to say and it was just a MESS! Well that pretty much ruined most of my Friday and Saturday, because I could only think about whats going to happen on Monday. Ugh! My kids were by the way SUPER good all week. Thanks kiddos I am glad you can be responsible and caring!

Here is the Fashion Friday post I meant to have for you on FRIDAY! Over Spring Break I found this great jacket from Kohls with my mom. I knew I had to have it because it was so versatile and of course it was 40 percent off!


It is a dark greenish brown color and hits you in the all right places. This is especially true for shorter girls, because I am definitely one of them! I paired it with a striped shirt and chunky heals on Monday:


I also thought about pairing it with this cute lace top from Charming Charlies and flats for a more girly look!


I also think this jacket is great for the weather now, but will also be acceptable to wear in the fall. I just recently purchased the jacket, so they probably still have it in the stores.

On to school news this week! We started our measurement unit, which by the way I HATE measurement. It just never seems like much fun to me but of course my kids were just enthralled by it! I created this anchor chart to help them remember some of the things we have learned so far...


Lastly I found this great idea from Pinterest for word work or fluency. The lady used a digital picture frame and uploaded pictures of her sight word cards for her kids to practice! I couldn't believe it! It was so cool! I think I might also take pictures of common phrases for my kiddos that already know all their sight words. We do fluency every day so I think I might allow a group to come over each day and work using the picture frame. I think the kids are going to LOVE this. I am having a hard time finding a cheap picture frame though. Kohls and Target are pretty expensive so I will be looking at the dreaded Walmart later this week. This is a picture of one I have at home, but it is a little to fancy to bring to school.


Mine also had different alums you can create which I figured is perfect for different levels of sight words! I can't wait to try this out with my kiddos! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! It is suppose to be 90 degrees here today which is totally crazy for only being April. Well I am off to post some comments on some of my bloggy friend's blogs because I feel like I have just gotten so behind this week!


Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

12 comments:

Sandy said...

I love how you called it the "dreaded Walmart"! I feel the same way! :) Have a great rest of your Sunday and a good week ahead! :)

Unknown said...

Hang in there! It will work out! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Journey of a Substitute Teacher (Ms. T) said...

I saw that picture frame idea too and thought it was great.

Like Jennifer said, it'll all work out. You always have us bloggy buddies here to support you!


Journey of a Substitute Teacher

Anonymous said...

Kelley, I love the idea of using the digital photo album!!!! I am going to load mine with student pictures and put it in my library. :)
~Marie
www.cotesclass.blogspot.com

Jessica Heeren said...

What a great idea! I have a spare one sitting in my classroom closet that I haven't gotten around to using! I never thought of using it for sight words! Great idea, thank you! :)

Jessica
Mrs. Heeren's Happenings

Allyce said...

The digital frame is a FANTASTIC idea! I avoid walmart as much as possible too. Glad you are back to blogging!

Erika said...

Kelley,
I love your jacket ensembles! BTW, tag you are it!

2B Honey Bunch
The Best Endings
The Honey Bunch Blog Design

luckeyfrog said...

Digital frame is such a great idea! Hopefully school drama will work out soon :)

Jenny
Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

diditeach said...

Very cute jacket, I love Kohls !! Sorry about the hard topics talk. Things are very tense at my school right now and it just colours the whole day.....I just want to go to my room, shut the door and be with my kids ! Hope Monday is ok...hang in there !

Kristen said...

ugh sorry to hear things are rough Kelley--I hope your week is off to a nice start anyhow!!! I will be sending positive thoughts your way.

That jacket is just perfect!!

Holly said...

Big hugs to you - hang in there.

I saw that frame idea on Teacher Tipster...so cool!

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Lisa at Fourth and Ten said...

I dislike hard conversations too. I had one earlier in the year with one of my coworkers and like you, I thought about it for days. I LOVE reading your fashion posts, it reminds me of former teaching partner, she always scattered little tidbits of fashion tips all the time.
PS: You can come visit me at my new house anytime. :)
Lisa
Stories From Second

Post a Comment