Sunday, September 9, 2012

Text Feature Freebie

Next week we are going to learn about text features therefore I had to create some posters to help remind my students of all of the great text features out there! We are working on our unit about space, which has a lot of nonfiction stories. I figured this would be a great time to introduce text features!


I am planning on placing these on our reading strategies board, but I am also thinking about printing them front to back and putting them on a ring for my kids to put in their book bags. Then during Read-to-Self they can be looking for these types of text features. 


This is our last week of the launching guide for the daily 5 and cafe. I am planning on taking some time next weekend to post about how it has gone and show LOTS of pictures! Hope everyone has a great week! (mine is filled with lots of meetings!)


Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

12 comments:

Schoolhouse Treasures said...

These look great! Thank you!
Diane
schoolhousetreasures

Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron said...

hi friend!! yeesh, it's been forever since I've been able to comment!! Hope things are going well for you!!! hugs!

Karlie said...

Thanks for sharing this:) I'm hoping it will help my little ones that get overwhelmed by too much text.


We are ALL Special!

RealOCteachers said...

These are excellent!

The REAL Teachers of Orange County

Amber @ Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher said...

These are awesome girl!

Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

Miss Foote said...

This is fabulous! How great are you!

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee

Kimberly Santana said...

Thank you for sharing! These are perfect for my reading reference board!

Kimberly
The Learning Tree
500 Follower Giveaway {Click Here}

Elisabeth said...

These are great! Thanks so much for sharing!

Alyce said...

Thank you for the freebies. They are wonderful.
Alyce

Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

Autumnpelt said...

Thank you for your text features posters. I'm going to hang them in the reading corner. Very nice work!!

Kelly said...

I can't get the download link to work?

iintegratetechnology said...

Thank you soooooooooooo much! Great stuff!

Post a Comment