Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Linky Party

Good morning! I was trying to sleep in because I haven't been sleeping very good, which always seems to happen when I am not active all day. So during summer, spring, and winter break it seems my sleeping habits aren't very good. Oh and the hubby got up at 7:00 because he went to bed at like 6:00 last night! Poor thing as been working long hours.

Today I am linking up with one of my favorite bloggy friends Miss Jen over at Teacher's Cauldron. There are so many great Linky Party's going on and I love the New Year's ones because I think reflection is a great way to become a better person and teacher!


P.S. I still can't figure out how to post a picture with a link...help anyone?

On to my resolutions:

Personal: I want to say go to the gym, since I never had a gym membership but it is more than just that. I want to learn how to cook healthy meals as well. Here is my current eating habits when we have school:

Chewy bar in the morning
Protein bar for lunch
and usually cereal or I will fix something if the hubby is hungry!

I know not healthy at all! I will hopefully be working on that. I also want to maybe start sitting in the teacher's lounge to eat. We have last lunch and there is usually no one in there but a new paras so I have been grabbing my protein bar on the go in my room. 

Blog: I want to continue to blog about exciting and new ideas. Some of you commented yesterday that you are interested in the curriculum I have been writing this year. I also want to post and sell the Daily 5 and Cafe launching guided I created this year. I think it is important not to get caught up in the numbers but to really send time reflecting on your teaching and to make positive connections with all your bloggy friends! 

Whew! I have some work to do! 

Enjoy your Sunday! 




9 comments:

Holly said...

Hey chicky!!!!! I'm with you on the healthy eating...our menu sounds similar!!!!! ;)

If you had gone to Jen's blog, copied the URL, then click on the picture you inserted it will sort of "highlight" the picture, then click "link" - a box will pop up where you put the URL from her website. Paste her URL there and you're all set!!!! {clear as mud?}

xoxo

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Lori Rosenberg said...

Hey, Kelley! Where are your yorkie pictures? LOL! Great resolutions! My breakfast is the exact same as yours! A Kashi Go Lean Chewy Bar every morning! And, I don't think that's going to change in 2013! Good luck to you and Happy New Year!
ΡΌ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter
luvyorkies@gmail.com

Corinna said...

Kelley if I didn't have kids I would eat the same thing as you everyday, lol!! I just don't love cooking or eating! I worked at a school in SF and all the ladies would come into the lounge with their fancy leftovers and share their recipes. They always looked at what I was eating and said "Some people live to eat, and others eat to live", lol. Maybe I should have a weekly linky on a new healthy meal for families on the go;)
I hope 2013 is a fabulous year for you!

Aloha,
Corinna
Surfin' Through Second

Ashley said...

I'm jealous that you have the option of eating in the teacher's lounge! We do not have duty free lunch so I have to eat with my kiddos in the lunch room! Good luck with your resolutions! Cheers to the new year!

Ashley
Primary Teacherhood

Fun in Second Grade said...

I eat last lunch too! Dont use jsut hate it? I enjoy talking to adults during lunch since we have planning in the morning. I am ready for a little adult time and chatting. Good luck on your resolutions and happy 2013!!!

Across the Hall said...

I have trouble sleeping during breaks too! I guess I'm not totally exhausting myself like I do when school's in session.

To help with your picture problem: I write my blog drafts in Windows Live Writer, which makes it extreeeeeeeemely easy to attach a link to a picture, just right click and hyperlink. You should look into it!

Happy New Year!

Halle
Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron said...

healthy lifestyle! woo!!
(p.s... when you are in the blog post - go to my blogpost, copy the link, then click on the picture in your post and then click "link" and then paste the link in the box that pops up...)
let me know if you still need help! :)
Jen
The Teacher’s Cauldron

Krista Mehrtens said...

Love the healthier life style goal!! I've made this a resolution too. I want to stick with it this year!

Happy New Year!

Krista
stellar-students

Kelly said...

Cute blog! I am your newest follower!

Kelly
Thirsty Firsties

Post a Comment