Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Writing Station Make-Over

I love, love, love to craft. I think it started at a young age because I would rather get crafts then toys. I was super excited to team up with Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores to create my next project! Did you know that teachers can get a discount every time they shop with Jo-Ann? Us teachers ALWAYS like discounts. 


I decided to make over my writing area! The first item I created was a new wreath to hang over the area.
Here are the materials you will need:
-1 yard of fabric of your choice
-3-4 spools of ribbon
-foam wreath


Direction:
Step 1: Cut the fabric into 14 1/2 inch strips.
Step 2: Cut the ribbon into 11 inch strips.
Step 3: Tie a pattern of fabric and ribbon around the wreath.
Step 4: Tie a ribbon around the top to hand your wreath. 





The second item I created was a ribbon pompom.
Here are the materials you will need:
-foam ball
-square foam
-straight pins
-4-5 spools of ribbon
-1 dowel
-spray paint
-1-2 spools of mesh
-metal container
-hot glue gun


Directions:
Step 1: Spray paint the dowel and let dry. Depending on how tall or short you want your pompom will depend on how much you need to saw off.
Step 2: Cut ribbon into 4 inch strips.
Step 3: Make a loop and put a pin in one side of the ribbon. Attach the second ribbon slightly on top of the first and put the second pin in. Repeat this step in a straight line around the foam ball. Continue this process until the whole foam ball is filled.
Step 4: Use a sharp knife to cut the edges of the square foam off for it to fit into the mental container.
Step 5: Push the dowel into the bottom of the foam ball and also into the middle of the foam square.  
Step 6: Cut the mesh into squares about 3 inches around. Use a hot glue gun to cover the square foam in the metal container






Lastly, I wanted to create a new organizer for my student’s writing materials.
Here are the materials you will need:
-spray paint
-wooden box
-letters
-mental containers
-wood paint
-q-tips
-hot glue gun


Directions:
Step 1: Spray paint the wooden box and let dry.
Step 2: Use a q-tip to paint polka dots on the white letters and let dry.
Step 3: Hot glue the letters on the wooden box.
Step 4: Place the metal containers in the box and organize supplies. 




I absolutely love the way my writing area turned out, thanks to Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores!  



If you would like to see more amazing projects check out these other bloggers: 

January 15th: Buggy for Second Grade
January 16thSecond Grade Sparkle
January 17thKleinspiration

I also have a special treat for my bloggy friends! Use the coupon below to receive 25% off so you can get your craft on during the long week!



The following review is part of a Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores® campaign. I received compensation for this review; however, this is my personal, honest opinion based on my experience.



2 comments:

Teacher and Life Long Learner said...

WOW...you have talent and sparks of creativity!

Jane said...

That box is super cute!

Jane
Learning in the Little Apple

Post a Comment