Saturday, January 12, 2013

What a Week!

The only downfall to my week was I think the hubby got me sick! The upside is I am not dying like he was! Men are just big babies! On to the great parts of the week!

This week we started my new unit!



We talked about inventions and inventors! The students were fascinated by this! We talked about Thomas Edison, The Wright Brothers, and Henry Ford! 


During the week our strategy was cause and effect! It isn't one of my favorites to teach, but the kids picked it up quickly! 


I wrote the cause and the effect on sentence strips and the kids were able to match them! We also did some great activities during Daily 5 from Mrs. Patmore's FREE unit! 




We also talked about synonyms and antonyms! The kids loved coming up with these! I made a cute cinnamon roll to remind them of what a synonym was! 


The kids practiced sorting synonyms this week and will do antonyms next week! 


The highlight of my week was yesterday...I got to go to a conference in Wichita. My bff and I got up at 4:30 to drive three hours to see....


Rachelle from What the Teacher Wants!! 

Photobucket

She was sharing about Technology, Reaching Every Child, and the Common Core! We both looved all of her sessions! We talked about how inspiring she is most of the ride home! 

So I want to thank the kids for making a great week, but also Rachelle for a SUPER, AWESOME week! Have a great weekend! 

-Kelley 

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodwin said...

Thanks for all your ideas from your week. I am checking out the Cause and Effect Freebie right now!

ilive2learnilove2grow 

Unknown said...

I love your blog! Thanks for sharing all of your creative ideas :)
-Julie
The Techie Teacher

Post a Comment