Sunday, June 22, 2014

BIG News

I am super excited to announce I will be going back into the classroom next year! I got a job in a school district closer to my house and will be teaching 5th grade! I can't wait to have my own classroom again and start blogging away about all of our new adventures. I have never taught 5th grade before but I have a GREAT team that will help me along the way. I also have some great bloggy friends that teach 5th grade that are super supportive! 

To kick things off in 5th grade I have been working on creating a new back to school packet for BIG kids: 


I hope to have it posted later today...I am just doing some last minute editing and adjustments! This  80+ page unit will include: 

-Students Creating Classroom Rules
-How to Teach Management Routines/List of Routines
-Activities for Leadership Classroom Culture
-Team builders
-Activities for Reading Classroom Culture
-Activities for Math Classroom Culture

I can't wait to get this posted and start printing some of these activities for my own classroom! Next week I will be going through all my second grade totes and figuring out what I still need for my new 5th graders! 

Happy Sunday! 


4 comments:

Meagan England said...

Welcome to 5th grade....You'll love it! I am looking forward to seeing all the goodies you'll make.

Meagan
oodlesofteachingfun

Kristin said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting!

Mary Catherine Gerling said...

Congratulations! I too am teaching 5th grade for the first time. I'm leaving Kinder to fly up! Get ready for the Adventure to begin!

Nancy Irvin said...

Thanks for writing this informative aritcle.

Post a Comment